RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Right from its very appearance on a battlefield, the Harbinger proclaims its status as a massive weapon, a laser burning through the heart of the ungodly. Everything about it exhibits this focused intent, from the lights on its nose and wings that root out the infidels, to the large number of turreted high slots that serve to destroy them. Should any heathens be left alive after the Harbinger's initial assault, its drones will take care of them.
Amarr Battlecruiser bonuses (per skill level):
This battlecruiser is a shield tanked cruiser's nightmare, with the ability to wield six heavy pulse lasers and still have the CPU and powergrid left over to fit a respectable tank allowing it to wreak havoc on the battlefield. The Harbinger, even with a large tank, ironically has the ability to be rather agile within engagements. Its large CPU and Powergrid gives it the ability to fit a 50MN Microwarpdrive and burn towards many targets that are out of range, while the 75 m3 drone bay and bandwidth allows the Harbinger to field either a full flight of medium drones or a full flight of light drones, depending on circumstances.
Like many Amarr ships the Harbinger is not the easiest ship to fit, and much will be gained by training fitting skills to at least IV, and V is recommended. This particular battlecruiser is a great incentive to train the Amarr Battlecruiser skill to at least IV. Lastly, the Harbinger has the ability to be fit either a full armor or shield tank.
- Amarr Battlecruiser to at least IV to get more DPS out of the Harbinger's lasers and keep it cap stable.
- Gunnery V, Medium Energy Turret V and Medium Pulse Laser Specialization trained to at least I to fit T2 guns, which do more damage and are substantially cheaper than the meta 4 variants, and give the pilot the ability to use Scorch ammo.
- While Medium Beam Laser Specialization is not as common, there are a number of circumstances where the range of the Beam lasers is appreciated. As with Pulse lasers, the cost of the Tech II Beam Lasers is much lower than the Tech I meta 4.
- Controlled Bursts IV, Capacitor Management IV, and Capacitor Systems Operation IV are all important for cap management.
- Rapid Firing IV, Surgical Strike IV are skills that increase DPS and are thus vital to all turret-based damage dealing ships.
- Along with the obvious Power Grid Management V and CPU Management V fitting skills required for fitting most ships, Weapon Upgrades V should be trained to help with fitting. Advanced Weapon Upgrades is also an important skill for pilots wishing to armor tank.
- Sharpshooter IV increases the already impressive optimal range associated with lasers and should be trained as such.
- Drones V, Light Drone Operation IV, Drone Interfacing IV, and Gallente Drone Specialization II/Minmatar Drone Specialization II are all are important for getting as much DPS out of the 75 m3 dronebay as possible.
- Drone Navigation III, Drone Durability III and Drone Sharpshooting III are also useful support skills.
- The appropriate skills required for fitting a T2 Armour or Shield Tank.
A harbinger is a "Person or thing that announces or signals the approach of another," analogous to a medieval herald.
|A long, long time ago...|
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
APRIL 2019 RELEASE APRIL 9TH 2019