LOW Priority Target
Refer to your best judgement or the FC instructions on jamming targets. The priority displayed here is meant only as a basic guideline for prioritizing targets on a theoretical level, actual field priority may differ depending on the circumstances.
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Probe is large compared to most Minmatar frigates and is considered a good scout and cargo-runner. Uncharacteristically for a Minmatar ship, its hard outer coating makes it difficult to destroy, while the limited weapon hardpoints force it to rely on drone assistance if engaged in combat.
Minmatar Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
7.5% bonus to Core and Combat Scanner Probe strength
5% reduction in Salvager duration
5+ bonus to Relic and Data Analyzer virus strength
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
Light Fighter Squad Limit
Heavy Fighter Squad Limit
Support Fighter Squad Limit
The Probe is the Minmatar Tech 1 exploration and scanning frigate. It is a good ship for rookies or veterans who are getting into probing and don't have the skills for the T2 version, the Cheetah. Its bonus to cycle time for hacking, archaeology, and salvaging modules means it can be very effective for looting exploration sites as well.
No skill notes available.
For more info on fittings, please click here
While not designed for combat, one can still combat fit an exploration frigate to catch unsuspected lone gankers off guard. When fitting for combat, as other races' exploration frigates, the Probe has a severe shortage of power grid while having a huge CPU reservoir. Plus the ship has no bonus to guns or missiles, it is best to fit missile or rockets to save on power grid for prop and repper. The large CPU left over can then be used to fit a range of damage, resist or ewar mods.
You can add notes here.
| A long, long time ago...
YC118.8 v.1.0 – Build: 1077233 – 13.09.16
- Probe Ship Model Redesign
March 2016 v.1.0 – Build: 1030955 – 08.03.16
- Removed black artifacts from the sails of the Minmatar Frigates Slasher, Stiletto and Probe.
Februrary 2016 v.1.0 – Build: 1012752 – 09.02.16
- Duct tape to the rescule! The middle right booster on the Minmatar Frigates Probe and Cheetah is now aligned correctly.
- Modified the textures used on the sail area of the Probe frigate.
Odyssey v.1.0 - Build: 584903 - 04.16.13
- The Magnate, Heron, Imicus and Probe now give a bonus to virus strength for both Data Analyzers and Relic Analyzers. This replaces their previous bonus to access chance.
Retribution v.1.0 – Build: 476047 – 04.12.12
- Minmatar Frigate bonuses: +7.5% sensor probe strength and +5% to codebreaker, analyzer and salvager cycle time
- Slot layout: 3 H, 4 M, 3 L, 2 turrets, 2 launchers
- Fittings: 25 PWG, 240 CPU
- Defense (shields / armor / hull): 300 / 300 / 225
- Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 235 / 130 s / 1.8
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 360 / 3.58 / 1123000 / 3.76 s
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 15 / 35
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 32.5km / 465 / 4
- Sensor strength: 9 Ladar
- Signature radius: 38
|show advanced ships