RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
When we first saw the flock, we were surrounded, caught in a spectacle of stimuli. Brilliant colors, dancing lights, beautiful cacophonies, wafting ambrosia. Those birds surrounded us, each one a different shape, an altered species, a new wonder. I tried to follow a single bird, but my efforts were futile: Transformation is natural to their existence. Imagine it: an undulating mass, a changing mob, all those beasts partaking in wonderful transmogrification.
Caldari Electronic Systems bonuses (per skill level):
The Tengu is the Caldari Strategic Cruiser. Strategic cruisers are made up of the hull and 4 subsystems that can be swapped for flexibility. The Tengu is a popular strategic cruiser for missioning because of its strong shield tank and long range missiles. It is not very popular in incursions because of the delayed damage of missiles, but its high number of mid slots allow a lot of utility modules like webs and target painters to make up for this. In PvP the Tengu is normally used as a kiter, but can be HAM fit for close range damage. Like all strategic cruisers the Tengu can be configured to fit a Covert Ops cloak.
- Caldari Offensive Systems and Caldari Defensive Systems to V because they greatly improve the Tengu's performance. Electronics V is especially useful for ECMgus. The other subsystem skills should only be taken to V when needed to reduce SP loss when losing the ship in combat.
- Heavy Missiles V, Heavy Assault Missiles V, and Heavy Missile Specialization/Heavy Assault Missile Specialization to at least I to fit T2 Launchers, which do more damage and are substantially cheaper than meta 4 variants, along with the ability to use T2 ammo types.
- Missile Launcher Operation, Rapid Launch, Warhead Upgrades, skills which increase DPS and are thus vital to all missile-based damage dealing ships, should all be trained to at least IV.
- Along with the requisite Engineering and Electronic Systems skills required for adequately fitting most ships. Weapon upgrades and Advanced Weapon Upgrades should be trained to V and IV respectively to help alleviate fitting problems.
- Guided Missile Precision and Target Navigation Prediction to at least IV to combat smaller targets.
- Missile Projection and Missile Bombardment to at least IV and ideally V to maximize the range at which all missiles travel.
- Caldari Strategic Cruiser to IV to reduce the damage incurred from overheating modules.
- Shield Operation and Shield Management should be trained to at least IV to improve shield capacity and recharge rate. While Tactical Shield Manipulation should be trained to IV to lower shield penetration chance and Shield Management to V to allow the use of the T2 Shield Boost Amplifier module.
- Shield Upgrades should be trained to IV to allow the use of T2 Shield Hardeners, Resistance Amplifiers, Shield Boosters, Shield Power Relays, Shield Extenders and Shield Rechargers.
- Finally, Hull Upgrades should be trained to level IV to allow use of the T2 Damage Control module.
For more info on fittings, please go here
Tengus are one of the most popular T3 cruiser doctrines among both null-sec and low-sec alliances. They are usually flown in one of two configurations. Large groups will usually run a brick tanked, long range rail Tengu, which is used to snipe from long range. Smaller groups, with little or no logi support, will run a doctrine affectionately titled "Slippery Petes". These Tengus are run nullified to ignore bubbles, with ECCM in the low slots to make them difficult to probe down and tackle. In fact, you need a bonused ship and a full set of Virtue implants to probe Petes! Petes are also fit with railguns, and are designed to warp in at extreme ranges, take potshots at key ships such as logistics and the Fleet Commander, and warp out before they can be caught.
Because of their Near-Battleship strong tank, decent DPS, and small mass, Tengu(like all other Strategic Cruisers) is highly preferred in Wormhole space, upto class 3. When Strategic Cruisers got an overhaul in July, the reduction of Tengus low-slots had a big impact on its DPS and fitting capabilities. However, they are still viable when fitted with right subsystems and modules.