RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
This was one of the first vessels the Sisters of EVE made available to capsuleers. It had been under development by the Sanctuary corporation, whose interest in exploration includes not only search & rescue operations but also a constant inquiry into the nature of the EVE Gate. Thanks to the Sisters' efforts and the Sanctuary's particular expertise, the Stratios is an agile, tenacious ship that aptly adheres to the mantra of both rescuers and explorers: Stay safe, stay hidden, and use every tool at your disposal.
Gallente Cruiser bonuses (per skill level):
The Stratios is the cruiser for the Sisters of Eve faction, introduced in Rubicon 1.0. It has bonuses to drones and armor resists, the largest drone bay available in the cruiser class, and the ability to fit a Covert Ops Cloak. The Stratios is primarily designed as a cloaky exploration ship, with a particular emphasis on extended operation away from stations.
- Cloaking IV: DO NOT UNDOCK the Stratios until you can fit the Covert Ops Cloak.
- Hull Upgrades V: Another vital skill, for fitting T2 Tank.
- Amarr Cruiser IV+: The higher this skill the more you're likely to take the Stratios through a Ghost Site intact.
- Gallente Cruiser IV+: If you want to run combat sites in the Stratios.
- Astrometrics IV: Not necessary for Ghost Sites, but if you're running exploration in null/w-space, some signatures can be a pain to scan down with low skills. It's also recommended to get at least Level 3 in the Astrometric Support skills: Acquisition, Pinpointing and Rangefinding.
- Hacking III/IV: The more Virus Coherence you have to play with in breaking open cans, the better. In Ghost Sites it can make the difference between getting away with loot or getting AOE damage in the face.
For more info on fittings, please go here
The Stratios is basically a cruiser-sized version of the Astero, with very similar roles, except the Stratios being better at combat than the Astero.
The main benefit of the Stratios, other than its cruiser-sized cargo hold is its ability to field a tank just strong enough to survive the explosion of a ghost site container (and to survive the subsequent onslaught of faction cruisers). This substancially lowers the risks involved in running ghost sites.
The best place to fly such a ship would be deep within one's own nullsec alliance's territory. Even though Highsec is being called "safe", the truly safe areas in new eden are actually those deep within a nullsec alliance's territory. Not only do those areas yield great benefits due to their low security status, but they also provide much more safety than a +1.0 highsec system, assuming one pays attention to the appropriate intel channel(s) and the local channel (in nullsec, neutral=hostile, remember?)
There one can explore to his heart's content without worrying about getting ganked too much. As for the loot, nullsec alliances usually take care of getting your loot to a trade hub. You give a contract and then a member with a jump-capable industrial hauls all the loot of you and other members to Jita, where you can sell it using a jump clone.
The Stratios is a so-called "shiny ship". That means people will automatically assume you are hauling something expensive and will attempt to shoot you down to get your cargo and the killmail.
For this reason you should take full advantage of safe spots, undock bookmarks and covert ops cloak to avoid detection by other players.
|A long, long time ago...|
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.