|This page should be updated due to game changes. Reason: Page summary & tactics may need an update to account for the 2017 T3C rebalance.|
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Revelation burrows through the material world, devours creation's soil, digests the thoughtless void, and produces significance with God's grace. From emptiness comes meaning, essence from existence, soul from matter.
Amarr Defensive Systems bonuses (per skill level):
The Legion is the Amarr Strategic Cruiser. Like other Tech 3 Strategic Cruisers, it is popular in wormholes because of its Battleship level tank and high damage in a cruiser sized package. Similar to other Amarr ships, it doesn't have the highest DPS, but its projection is higher than that of similar ships. For example, when compared to the Proteus, it does less damage, but it has nearly triple the optimal with short range ammo. Neuting Legion is also quite popular thanks to neuting subsystem and large Amarr cap.
To fly a Legion (or any other Tech 3 Cruiser for that matter), you will want a strong set of core skills (Power Grid Management 5, CPU Management 5, Weapon Upgrades 5, Gunnery 5, etc). Some of these skills are already included in the prerequisites, but there are some skills that are not technically required to fly it that are HIGHLY recommended before flying. Among these are :
- T2 Armor Tanking - Hull Upgrades 5, Armor Compensations at least to 3 (preferably 4) - ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY!
- Fitting Skills - Power Grid Management and CPU Management 5 are prerequisites. It is also recommended to have Weapon Upgrades to 5 (for Advanced Weapon Upgrades[AWU]), and AWU to at least 3 or 4
- Strategic Cruiser Skills - Amarr Strategic Cruiser at least 3 and Defensive Subsystem 5 are essential. For DPS Legions Offensive Subsystem 5 is recommended, neut Legions should have Electronics Subsystem 5.
- T2 Lasers - Medium Energy Turret 5, Medium Pulse Specialization 3 - This is not mandatory, but access to Scorch ammo could be very important to flying this ship effectively as a HAC style ship.
- Cap Skills - In addition to being useful for lasers, these are good for neuting Legions as well. Capacitor Management 4 and Capacitor System Operation 5 are recommended. If you plan to do neuting Legion, look at having Capacitor Emission Systems to 4 or 5, and finishing off Capacitor Management 5.
- Gunnery Support Skills - Try to have all applicable gunnery supports up to at least 4, especially Controlled Bursts (Cap is life!) Again these are not necessarily needed, but highly recommended.
- Other PvP Skills: Legion is bonused to reduce heat damage, and requires Power Grid Management 5. Thermodynamics up a few levels (at least 3) is a no brainer. Skills in the Navigation set such as Evasive Maneuvering, Acceleration Control, etc, are important for moving about the battlefield, and can help with tanking as well. In addition T2 warp disruption (including scrams) are a quick train and definitely worth the time if you haven't gotten them already
- If you want to do Missile Legion, you'll want good missile skills in addition to or instead of gunnery skills.
For more info on fittings, please go here
- Your main advantage over other AHAC T3s is damage projection, use this to your advantage to start applying damage immediately onto distant targets the fleet needs to burn to.
- Try to stay somewhat at your optimal to make sure you don't have any tracking issues. For example if you are engaging a close by hostile, try to stay 7.5-10km away when possible to reduce the amount of tracking your guns need and ensure clean hits.
- How you play this will depend on the situation and fit. Ideally, you want a guardian or carrier cap feeding you to free up midslots.
- Remember to use the least amount of neuts possible. Once your target is dry, assuming they have no cap feed or injection, turn off about half of your neuts and place them somewhere else. Once someone is empty, it's much easier to keep them down unless they have a cap booster or ET going to them. This will allow you to not only keep down your primary neut target, but also be a nuisance to others as well.
- Good neut targets are Logistics, boosting ships, HICs, caphungry DPS (Lasers, Blasters), EWAR when in range and tackle.
- If you are without a cap feed, you will have to watch your cap extra carefully. Try to limit MWD use where at all possible, and keep an eye on your capacitor level.
- Swap your drones depending on how things are going. Your FC will probably have orders regarding EC drones, otherwise DPS drones are useful for helping kill the damage primary. You may also want to swap to ECM or damage drones on someone harassing you depending on the situation.
- Remember that if needed, you can neut out many types of small tackle so you can get out
Legion Subsystem overview to be added.
You can write additional notes for Legion here.
|A long, long time ago...|
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
July 2017 Release - Released 2017-07-11