RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The force with which this ship hits is more than sufficient to leave a trail of shattered enemies, floating around like so much lifeless debris. An adaptable vessel, it has enough turret hardpoints for a full-scale assault while remaining versatile enough to allow for plenty of missile fire, and has both sufficient speed to outrun its enemies and sufficient capacitor charge to outlast them.
Minmatar Battlecruiser bonuses (per skill level):
The Hurricane (often simply the Cane) has a long history of positive PvP and PvE performance and is one of the most versatile ships in the game. It can deal impressive DPS and can be shield or armor tanked. Most Minmatar pilots choose a Hurricane as their L3 mission ship, fitting either a passive shield tank or an active armor tank. In PvP the Hurricane can be fitted as a simple, armor-buffered short-range bruiser; a fast shield-tanked "Nanocane"; or as a shield-tanked, medium-range high-alpha artillery platform. Roaming gangs of shield tanked Hurricanes with Scimitar logistic support are a fearsome sight and a highly effective combat fleet.
- Minmatar Battlecruiser to at least IV to properly take advantage of the Hurricane's massive DPS buff that comes with every extra level in the skill.
- Gunnery V, Medium Projectile Turret V and Medium Autocannon Specialization/Medium Artillery Specialization trained to at least I to fit T2 guns, which do more damage and are substantially cheaper than the meta 4 variants, along with the ability to use T2 ammo types.
- Rapid Firing, Surgical Strike, skills that increase DPS and are thus vital to all turret-based damage dealing ships, should all be trained to at least IV.
- Along with the obvious Power Grid Management and Electronic Systems fitting skills required for fitting most ships, Weapon Upgrades and Advanced Weapon Upgrades should be trained to V and at least II respectively to help alleviate fitting problems associated with the ship's powergrid.
- Sharpshooter is important for artillery fitted Hurricanes, though due to autocannons' small optimals it isn't as important for autocannon fits.
- Drones V, Light Drone Operation V, Drone Interfacing IV and Gallente Drone Specialization I/Minmatar Drone Specialization I are all important for getting as much DPS out of the 40m3 drone capacity as possible.
- The appropriate skills required for fitting a Full T2 Armour or Shield Tank.
Artillery is probably the preferable choice for basic mission-running combat, as it has a longer range. Autocannon might mean more incoming DPS (as you will have to fight closer to NPC enemies) and slower completion times (as you will have to travel into range), but they will muster more DPS and cope better with agile targets. Consider whether your character skills lend themselves more to shield or to armor tanking: for PvE, the Hurricane can mount a passive shield tank or an active armor tank. An active armor tank might be easier to fit and simpler to get right.
The range of possible fits and tactical approaches offered by the Hurricane is—typically for a Minmatar ship—very wide, and to describe them all in detail would make this article a hostage to fortune (game updates).
Hurricanes fitted for very short-range brawling muster a lot of DPS, especially with T2 autocannon and Hail ammo. Watch out for battleships and other battlecruisers, which might prove tankier than you. The Micro Jump Drive offers one useful approach to brawling fits, at the cost of significant fitting demands: you can attempt to kill anything which gets into warp scrambler range, and then MJD out of trouble.
With a shield tank, the Hurricane can pull quite respectable speeds, and adding together its 25% hull bonus to range with the effect of T2 Barrage ammo lets autocannon hit out to warp disruptor range effectively. It's therefore also possible to fly the Hurricane as a kind of giant Stabber, faster than other large hulls and (hopefully) able to kill anything fast enough to catch it.
Moving beyond warp disruption range, an artillery-fit Hurricane can provide solid mid-ranged DPS and high mid-ranged alpha damage in a kiting gang, if other ships hold down its targets. Fitting a full rack of 720mm artillery often requires excellent character fitting skills and/or at least one fitting module.
You can add notes here.
|A long, long time ago...|
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
Vanguard 1.0 Released on September 29th, 2015
Retribution 1.1 Deployed on Tuesday, 19th of February 2013.
Retribution 1.0.1 Released on Wednesday, December 5, 2012