RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
While not endowed with as much pure firepower as other ships of its category, the Ishtar is more than able to hold its own by virtue of its tremendous capacity for drones and its unique hard-coded drone-control subroutines.
Gallente Cruiser bonuses (per skill level):
One of the best cruiser class ships, the Ishtar can deal some serious damage with drones with a good tank. The Ishtar has the bandwidth to field a full flight of heavy or sentry drones, and it has a 375m3 drone bay, allowing it to carry several different drone flights. Without refitting the Ishtar can deploy sentry drones and snipe, or heavy drones and brawl up close, while carrying light and medium drones to deal with smaller ships. The Ishtar has no bonuses to weapons, so its highs are free to use drone link augmentors, cap warfare, or guns to add DPS.
The Ishtar is currently one of the most popular kiting ships due to good speed and tank combined with the excellent damage projection native to Sentry Drones. It is widely used in small - medium sized gangs with great success - the kiting fit below is quite standard. The ability to deal damage at good range without using high slots allows you to fit Neuts to combat tacklers that manage to get a grip on you.
The Aegis release in July 2015 has substantially changed the slot layout of the Ishtar: While previously it had 5 mid and 5 low slots, after the Aegis release these were changed to 4 mid and 6 low slots. This means that previously popular shield fits cannot be used anymore while armor fits gained a buff. Note that any pre-Aegis fits posted below have to be adapted.
The Ishtar is primarily a drone boat. Since most of its DPS comes from drones, decent drone skills are required to fly the ship to its full potential. Decent drone skills might look like so:
- Drones V (1x) - Required to unlock most of the following skills; allows control of 5 drones.
- Light Drone Operation V (1x) - Required for Tech II light drones; 5% bonus to light drone damage per level.
- Medium Drone Operation V (2x) - Required for Tech II medium drones; 5% bonus to medium drone damage per level.
- Heavy Drone Operation V (5x) - Required for Tech II heavy drones; 5% bonus to heavy drone damage per level.
- Sentry Drone Interfacing V (5x) - Required for Tech II sentry drones; 5% bonus to sentry drone damage per level.
- Gallente Drone Specialization IV (5x) - Or other racial drone specialization skill. Required for racial Tech II light, medium, heavy, and sentry drones; 2% bonus per level to racial drones requiring this skill.
- Drone Interfacing IV (5x) - 10% bonus per level to drone damage; a very important skill for maximizing DPS.
- Drone Navigation IV (1x) - 5% bonus per level to drone max velocity; drone reach targets and return faster.
- Drone Sharpshooting IV (1x) - 5% bonus per level to drone optimal range; especially important for sentry drones.
- Drone Durability IV (5x) - 5% bonus per level to drone shield, armor, and hull hit points; drones last longer.
The Ishtar is difficult to fit without the proper fitting skills. Consider having the following fitting skills trained:
- Power Grid Management V (1x)
- CPU Management V (1x)
- Weapon Upgrades V (2x)
- Advanced Weapon Upgrades IV (6x)
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Ishtar roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
In Mesopotamian mythology, Ishtar was the goddess of love and war. Also known as Astarte.