High amount of high slots
Increases security status gain
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The venerable Marshal series of battleships have made up the backbone of CONCORD's fleets for a century, in various marks and iterations of a design originally built around the subframe and keel of the Amarr Empire's Apocalypse-class battleship. The appearance of a response force led by Marshal-class battleships invariably ends in the destruction of criminals and terrorists daring to try their luck in high-security space.
Over the course of the Drifter Crisis, the Directive Enforcement Department assessed that the aged design, improved only incrementally over the decades, could no longer meet the challenges facing CONCORD. The Marshal was therefore included in CONCORD Aerospace's "Force Majeure Program" to develop enhanced and totally overhauled versions of its core inventory of police action and combat vessels.
While CONCORD Aerospace successfully upgraded the Marshal and other DED vessels with hyper-advanced technology, the program became a severe drain on CONCORD's resources. Consequently, the Inner Circle authorized a limited release of the Marshal, stripped of CONCORD's advanced rapid-deployment and electronic warfare suites, to the capsuleer market via authorized dealers.
Black Ops bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Warp Scrambler and Warp Disruptor optimal range
20% to Stasis Webifier optimal range
10% bonus to warp speed and acceleration
Gallente Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage
7.5% bonus to Large Hybrid Turret tracking speed
Minmatar Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire
10% bonus to Large Projectile Turret falloff
Caldari Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
7.5% bonus to Heavy Missile, Cruise Missile and Torpedo Launcher rate of fire
10% bonus to Cruise Missile and Torpedo flight time
Amarr Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Large Energy Turret damage
10% bonus to Large Energy Turret optimal range
• Can fit Covert Cynosural Field Generator and Covert Jump Portal Generator
• No targeting delay after Cloaking Device deactivation
• Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds
75% reduction to effective distance traveled for jump fatigue
10% bonus to security status gains from destruction of non-capsuleer pirates while flying this ship
• Armor Repairer and Shield Booster effectiveness increased by a percentage equal to 10x pilot security status, with a floor of 0% and ceiling of 50%
650% bonus to ship max velocity when using Cloaking Devices
100% bonus to Shield Extender hitpoints
50% bonus to Armor Plate hitpoints
5% Additional bonus to Reinforced Bulkhead hitpoints
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
Light Fighter Squad Limit
Heavy Fighter Squad Limit
Support Fighter Squad Limit
Frigate Escape Bay
The Marshal is the CONCORD Black Ops battleship. Like its counterparts, the Pacifier and the Enforcer, the Marshal receives bonuses to weapons from all four empires, range bonuses to both warp disruptors/scramblers and webs, and also features a strong active tanking bonus connected with the pilot's Security status. Initially only available as a redeemable code to attendees of EVE Vegas 2017, BPCs are acquirable as the level 500 reward of Project Discovery. This limited availability has kept the Marshal much more expensive than its empire peers.
The Marshal brings flexibility, utility, and fast-locking tackle to a blops fleet. With 7 medium and low slots (along with very generous fitting room), the Marshal can be either armor or shield tanked, with larger blops fleets preferring armor buffer, and solo or smaller groups preferring active shield. Active tank on a marshal also benefits from the Marshal's bonus to local repairers/shield boosters based on security status. The Marshal has bonuses to all racial weapons, but is often fitted with torpedoes to maximize DPS. However, the Marshal, like its recon counterpart the Enforcer, lacks the drone bay which all other blops have.
With bonuses to warp scramble/disruption range as well as web range, the Marshal provides excellent tackle capabilities, able to point targets at long range (up to around 60km). Combined with its generous number of midslots and high native scan resolution, the Marshal can fit sensor boosters to quickly lockdown its targets.
The main drawback of the Marshal, however, is its price, being only available from Project Discovery and costing around several billions for the hull alone.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Marshal for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
No sub-article about Marshal roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
You can write additional notes for Marshal here.
|A long, long time ago...
20.03 Release - Build: 2013787 - 2022-03-08 - "Road to Fanfest" Update (Patch Notes)
Brand new Role bonuses have been added to all battleships (excluding the Praxis).
- 50% bonus to HP from all Armor Plates
- 100% bonus to HP from all Shield Extenders
- 5% additive bonus to all Reinforced Bulkhead modules, for those with discerning tastes.
Version 19.05 - Build: 1913030 - 2021-06-22.1 - Enter the Portal (Patch Notes)
- Increased the cargo capacity by 100m3.
- Increased maximum target range by 30%.
- New Role Bonus: 50% reduction in Covert Cynosural Generator duration
- New Role Bonus: 650% bonus to ships maximum velocity when using a Cloaking Device (this was previously a Black Ops ship bonus and has been moved into a role bonus).
- Increased role bonus to 75% for reduction to effective distance traveled for jump fatigue.
- Updated Gallente Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
- Increased the bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage from 5% to 10%.
- Updated Minmatar Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
- Increased the bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire from 5% to 10% .
- Updated Caldari Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
- Increased the bonus to Heavy Missile, Cruise Missile and Torpedo Launcher rate of fire from 5% to 7.5%.
- Updated Amarr Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
- Increased the bonus to Large Energy Turret damage from 5% to 10%.
18.09 Release - Build: 1810288 - 2020-09-22 - "Rolling Thunder" Update (Patch Notes)
Furthermore, all Black Ops ships are finally getting a Fuel Bay upgrade and there will be improved resistance profiles for Black Ops Battleships. - CCP Dopamine, Rolling Thunder News Post
- Fuel bay capacity increased from 1,250 m3 to 2,150 m3 (+900 m3, +72%)
- All shield & armor resistances increased from 33% to 40% (+7%, 10.4% stronger resists)
18.04 Release - Build: 1706308 - 2020-04-15 - "Surgical Strike" Update (Patch Notes)
- Increased Scan Resolution by 30% for Marauders and Black Ops
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
- Warp Speed increased from 2.2 AU/s to 3.5 AU/s (+1.3 AU/s)
|show advanced ships