RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Slasher is cheap, but versatile. It's been manufactured en masse, making it one of the most common vessels in Minmatar space. The Slasher is extremely fast, with decent armaments, and is popular amongst budding pirates and smugglers.
The Slasher is the tech one Minmatar tackle frigate. It receives a bonus to the cap usage of tackle mods. It has the fastest base speed of the tier one frigates. Four mid slots also allow a great deal of flexibility in fitting.
- From the ship description:
- Core Competency - Basic [Certificate]
- Frigate Projectile Turrets - Basic [Certificate]
- Propulsion Jammer Operator - Basic [Certificate]
- High Velocity Helmsman - Basic [Certificate]
For more info on fittings, please click here
When flying a slasher as an interceptor you need to take a little time to understand how your ship operates under high speed conditions, and set up your orbit ranges appropriately. Your preferred ships to tackle are anything bigger than you (Cruisers, Battle Cruisers, Battleships), as you have a chance to effectively speed tank any guns that may be on their ships. If you are scram fitted you might be able to assist your other frigate pilots in catching another MWD frigate such as a Dramiel or Interceptor.
- Long Point: With the warp disruptor your orbit should be set to approximately 14-17 KM. This will allow you to stay at 16-18 km, inside of your warp disruption range and outside of medium energy neutralizing range. Hold point (keep the module) active for as long as possible or until someone calls a replacement point (someone else has a scram) and move onto your next target.
- Short Point: Set your orbit to 500 meters and shut off your MWD once you get within 8-11 km of your target. This will allow your ship to quickly achieve a stable orbit at extremely close range to hopefully get under and stay under enemy guns. If you turn your MWD off too late you will 'yo-yo' on the target and potentially loose your scramble and allow a watchful pilot to instapop your fragile frigate as you re-approach. Leaving your MWD on for a low skilled pilot can cause issues with maintaining cap, make it very easy for other ships to shoot you (huge signature radius), and your elliptical orbit may be large enough to push you outside of scram range.
- Spiraling: In both cases you will need to learn how to spiral onto targets. This requires a bit of 'manual' flying. Manual flying is where you double click in space to set your ship trajectory rather than using the approach or orbit command buttons. In the case of spiraling, you want to fly into the target ship at angles when possible. Place the target ship in the center of your screen and double click in space halfway been the ship and the edge of your screen. Once you start getting closer reposition the target ship to the center of your screen and again, double click half way. Do this until you feel you can safely dive onto the target (scramblers) or start you long distance orbit (disruptors) safely.
- Call your point: When you turn your warp disruption module on the target you can briefly call out over com's, "+1 Thorax" if you managed to put a warp disruptor on a thorax, or "+2 Drake" if you managed to put a scrambler on a drake. +1 is for Warp disruptors +2 is for scramblers. Do not say anything else. If your ship is going down and you are about to be blown up, do not call out over coms "I'm gonna die!" That is bad. Simply call out briefly over com's "-1 Thorax" or "-2 Drake" and warp your pod off so you can reship.
You can add notes here.
|A long, long time ago...|
YC119.3 V.1.0 – Build: 1132976 – 14.03.17
YC119.2 v.1.0 – Build: 1121744 – 14.02.17
YC118.8 v.1.0 – Build: 1077233 – 13.09.16
March 2016 v.1.0 – Build: 1030955 – 08.03.16
December v1.0 – Build: 995003 – 08.12.15
Retribution v.1.0 – Build: 476047 – 04.12.12
Inferno v.1.2 – Build: 404131 – 08.08.12
The next step in the ongoing removal of ship Tiers (as described in this Dev Blog) affects the Attack Frigates: the Executioner, Condor, Atron and Slasher.
Attack Frigates are designed as high speed damage dealing and tackling vessels.