RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Arbitrator is unusual for Amarr ships in that it's primarily a drone carrier. While it is not the best carrier around, it has superior armor that gives it greater durability than most ships in its class.
Amarr Cruiser bonuses (per skill level):
The Arbitrator is a ship of a dual role: it can deal damage as a drone boat and it is an EWAR platform. It has the largest drone bay of any T1 cruiser, beating even the Gallente Vexor, though it has less drone bandwidth than the Vexor. It can still field a full flight of medium drones at a time however, and has the bay to carry 3 flights of medium drones or 6 flights of light drones (or a mix), giving it unparalleled flexibility in its class. As well as its drones the Arbitrator also has bonuses to the Amarr racial EWAR, weapon disruption.
The Arbitrator has a balanced slot layout of mids and lows, but is normally armor tanked to allow the mids to be used for tracking disruptors and/or guidance disruptors. The Arbitrator has no bonuses to any weapon type, so can use any turret it likes, but given the split turret and launcher slots and lack of bonuses many pilots forego weapons entirely in favor of nosferatu or neutraliser arrays. One Drone Link Augmentor can be added, but it usefulness is limited given the relatively short targeting range and lack of drone speed bonus of the Arbitrator.
As weapon disruption is ineffective against drones or EWAR, and as it is of no use opposing logistics, it is often considered one of the weaker types of EWAR. However one or two bonused weapon disruptors can remove a ship's ability to apply its damage.
The recommended certificates for this ship are
- Core Competency Basic.
- Combat Drone Control Standard.
- Armour Tanking Basic.
- Tracking Disruptor Operator Basic.
The following skills are suggested.
Fitting and Capacitor:
- Power Grid Management V. Increases powergrid by 5%/level
- CPU Management V. Increases CPU by 5%/level
- Warp Drive Operation III.
- Capacitor Systems Operation V. Cap recharge 5% / level If you are using energy neutralizers this is important, as they devour your cap.
- Capacitor Emission Systems IV. Reduces Energy neutralizers cap need,
- Drones V. Five drones are better than only one, right? Required for T2 drone specialization skills.
- Light Drone Operation V, Medium Drone Operation V and Drone Interfacing IV For more damage. Light and Medium Drone Operation V required for their respective T2 drone sizes.
- Amarr Cruiser IV For even more damage (And it makes your Tracking Disruptors even more awesome)
- Drone Avionics V. Extends your drone control range to 45000m (5000m/level + 20000 base).
- Gallente Drone Operation I/Minmatar Drone Operation I Lets you fly your favorite T2 drones of choice. Which is Minmatar or Gallente ;) (NB : with recent drone changes, Amarr and Caldari drones have become a more viable option)
For more info on fittings, please go here
Tracking disruptors damage the enemy's optimal range and fall off by the same percent. They also damage the enemy's tracking. Both can be scripted to increase the effect and to reduce the stacking penalties when using more than one. Tracking disruptors are ineffective against missile and drone damage.
Missile disruptors make enemy missile launchers less effective by reducing missile velocity, flight time, and explosion velocity while increasing explosion radius. You can load scripts into them, giving them twice the effectiveness against either range (missile velocity and flight time) or precision (explosion velocity and explosion radius) while losing the other effect entirely. Disrupting precision will make it difficult for a missile ship to hit small targets such as frigates. Missile disruptors are ineffective against turret and drone damage.
Most of how to use disruptors will be acquired in game with experience. As an example, 2 scripted range TDs used against an artillery thrasher with one tracking disruption, can reduce the range of titanium ammo from 30km to under 7km, with very poor chances of hitting a fast traversing frigate. It's sort of an "I win" button against certain ships. Many solo pilots also use it to reduce the incoming damage of larger, additional enemy ships so they can win against fearsome odds. The bonused version is significantly stronger than the unbonused one, but still very skill strength dependent.
It is worth reading about Drones as they are your primary source of damage. Knowing your drones helps a lot.
As this ship has no bonuses to energy neutralizers, using them against a larger ship, such as a BC or a BS, is most likely only going to drain your own cap.
You can add notes here.
|A long, long time ago...|
Lifeblood v. 1.0 - Build: 1203953 - 24.10.17
Retribution v. 1.0 - Build: 476047 - 04.12.12
The Arbitrator already had an effective role as a hybrid of a Tracking Disruptor bonused electronic warfare cruiser and drone combat cruiser. We improved it via an extra low slot, stronger TD bonus and the ability to choose between turrets or launchers for added damage.