LOW Priority Target
Refer to your best judgement or the FC instructions on jamming targets. The priority displayed here is meant only as a basic guideline for prioritizing targets on a theoretical level, actual field priority may differ depending on the circumstances.
Fast Target Locking Time
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Interceptors utilize a combination of advanced alloys and electronics to reduce their effective signature radius. This, along with superior maneuverability and speed, makes them very hard to target and track, particularly for high caliber turrets.
Developer: Duvolle Labs
Duvolle labs manufactures sturdy ships with a good mix of offensive and defensive capacities. Since the company is one of New Eden's foremost manufacturers of particle blasters, its ships tend to favor turrets and thus have somewhat higher power output than normal.
Interceptors bonuses (per skill level):
15% reduction in Microwarpdrive signature radius penalty
7.5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
15% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage
80% reduction in Propulsion Jamming systems activation cost
100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners and Microwarpdrives
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
The Taranis is a very popular combat interceptor. Its high structure HP means it gets a considerable amount of EHP just by fitting a Damage Control. It has 3 mid slots, so it can field a scram and web to prevent other interceptors from getting away. It has a 10m3 drone bay, unique among interceptors. Taranises are commonly fit with blasters, which along with T2 drones, gives them DPS far higher than other interceptors can manage. On the downside due to its mass it is the slowest and least agile interceptor.
Recommended skills: (Medium)
- Interceptors IV***It is highly recommended NOT to fly any Interceptor before your Interceptors skill is at least 4***
No sub-article about Taranis roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
|A long, long time ago...
Version 18.10 - 2020-10-27.1 Release - Build: 1832008 - "Howling Interdictors" Update (Patch Notes)
- Role bonus added to Claw, Crusader, Taranis, Raptor: 100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners and Microwarpdrives
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-30.1 - "Howling Interceptors" Update
- Gallente Frigate Small Hybrid Turret damage bonus increased from 10%/level to 15%/level (+5%/level)
- CPU increased from 150 tf to 160 tf (+10 tf)
October 2018 Release 1.0 - Released 2018-10-18
- No longer has Interdiction Nullification
Oceanus v1.0 - Released 2014-10-31
- Mass reduced from 1,070,000kg to 1,060,000kg (-10,000kg)
Rubicon v1.1 - Released 2014-01-28
- Agility increased from 3.1 to 3.2 (+0.1)
- Align time increased from 4.51s to 4.66s (+0.15s)
Rubicon v1.0 - Released 2013-11-19
As one of the healthiest current Interceptors, the Gallente Taranis is remaining mostly the same. It benefits from slightly lighter mass and of course, the bubble immunity and warp speed upgrades common to the whole class.
- Gallente Frigate Bonuses: 10% Small Hybrid Turret damage per level
- Interceptors Bonuses: 15% reduction in MicroWarpdrive signature radius penalty per level, 7.5% Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed per level
- Role bonuses: 80% reduction in Propulsion Jamming systems activation cost, Immunity to non-targeted interdiction
- Slot layout: 4H, 3M, 3L; 3 turrets, 0 launchers
- Fittings: 35 PWG, 150 CPU
- Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 275(-41) / 425(-32) / 675(-28)
- Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 355(+11.25) / 266.25s(+8.4) / 1.33
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 420 / 3(+0.05) / 1070000(-5000) / 4.45s(-0.17)
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 10 / 10
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 22.5km(+2.5) / 880 / 5(+1)
- Sensor strength: 10(+1) Magnetometric
- Signature radius: 36
- Cargo Capacity: 92(-33)
Crucible - Released 2011-11-29
- Gained a 5% bonus to inertia
Trinity v1.1 - Released 2008-03-16
- A new role bonus has been added to all interceptors: an 80% reduction in propulsion jamming systems activation cost has been granted.
Exodus v??? - Released 2005-02-01
- Interceptor maximum Warp Speed has been increased.
- The bonus to rate of fire for the Taranis has been removed. The bonus has been changed to a damage bonus.
Castor v1.0 - Release 2003-12
The Taranis is named after an ancient Celtic thunder god.
|show advanced ships