RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Griffin is much used by the Caldari Navy as a support vessel in combat squadrons, using its impressive array of electronic gadgetry to disrupt the operation of target ships, making them easy prey for traditional combat vessels.
Caldari Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
SummaryThe Griffin is an Electronic Counter Measure frigate, often seen in E-UNI fleets offering Electronic Warfare support. ECM is touted as the most useful form of Electronic Warfare as it operates by breaking enemy target locks and preventing them from re-acquiring targets for 20 seconds. This has the potential to greatly reduce the amount of damage being directed at your fleet, prevent enemies from using Remote Repair modules on each other or to break Warp Disruption, allowing an escape. For new players interested in trying out ECM the Griffin is the ideal starting place on your way up to the
It has 5 mid slots allowing a rainbow fit of one of each racial jammer and a propulsion module. It has 2 low slots that usually have a Signal Distortion Amplifier and a Damage Control module.
These skills will improve your EWAR effectiveness when flying a Griffin.
- Caldari Frigate - Skills for the specific types of ship you are flying will give you the greatest improvement in ECM effectiveness: 15% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength per level and +12.5% bonus to ECM Target Jammer optimal range and falloff per level. Requires Spaceship Command I.
- Long Range Targeting - 5% Bonus to targeting range per skill level. Requires CPU Management Level 2.
- Frequency Modulation - Increases the falloff distance of your ECM modules by 10% per level. Requires CPU Management Level 3 and Electronics Warfare Level 2.
- Long Distance Jamming - Increases the optimal range of your ECM modules by 10% per level. Requires CPU Management Level 4 and Electronics Warfare Level 3.
- Electronic Superiority Rigging - This will reduce the shield penalty incurred by your ECM rigs. Requires Jury Rigging Level 3 and Mechanics Level 3.
- Signal Dispersion - Increases your jam strength by 5% per level. This skill requires CPU Management 5 and Electronic Warfare Level 4. If you have decided that you really enjoy being an EWAR pilot this is a great skill to work towards, but it certainly isn't required to have fun flying ECM in fleets.
For more info on fittings, please click here
PvE - Not recommended as the Griffin has very little offensive capability.
PvP - Solo PvP - Fleet
- You have the advantage of speed and being a small target so align to a celestial when an engagement starts, lock targets within your optimal range and colour match your jammers to the targets as best you can. Warp as soon as you are yellow-boxed (someone starts locking you) and drop a bookmark on the way out so that you have a location to warp back to or warp back to your designated squad anchor.
More information on tactics and matching jammers to targets is at ECM Guide
You can add notes here.