NORMAL Priority Target
Refer to your best judgement or the FC instructions on jamming targets. The priority displayed here is meant only as a basic guideline for prioritizing targets on a theoretical level, actual field priority may differ depending on the circumstances.
High Amount of High Slots
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
With the Maelstrom, versatility is the name of the game. Its defensive capabilities make it ideally suited for small raid groups or solo work, while its 8 turret hardpoints present opportunities for untold carnage on the fleet battlefield.
Minmatar Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire
7.5% bonus to Shield Booster amount
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
Light Fighter Squad Limit
Heavy Fighter Squad Limit
Support Fighter Squad Limit
The Maelstrom is the usual choice for minmatar pilots running Level 4 missions, which it does quite well with its bonus to shield boosting. PvE Maelstroms usually fit an X-large shield booster for a powerful pulsed shield tank, and artillery for long-range DPS -- though against the Angel Cartel, whose battleships like to engage at close range, some pilots like to fit large autocannons instead.
In PvP the Maelstrom is the backbone of the "alpha fleet" - fleets designed to one-shot ships to negate the power of logistics.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Maelstrom for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Maelstrom roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
You can add notes here.
| A long, long time ago...
Released on Wednesday, March 13th, 2014
- Resolved z-fighting on the Maelstrom’s rear sail.
Odyssey 1.0 Released on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
- Minmatar Battleship Skill Bonuses: +5% bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire and +7.5% bonus to Shield Boost Amount per level.
- Slot layout: 8H, 6M, 5L; 8 turrets , 0 launchers.
- Fittings: 21000 PWG, 640 CPU.
- Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 8000 / 7500 / 7000.
- Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second) : 6000 / 1250s / 4.8.
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 94 / .136 / 103600000 / 19.53s.
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 100 / 100.
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 90 / 7.
- Sensor strength: 21 Ladar Sensor Strength.
- Signature radius: 460.
Inferno 1.1 Deployed on Monday, June 25, 2012.
- Sealed a small geometry hole in the Minmatar Maelstrom model.
|show advanced ships