RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The mining barge was designed by ORE to facilitate advancing the mining profession to a whole new level. Each barge was created to excel at a specific function, the Procurer's being durability and self-defense.
Mining barges are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining and Ice Harvesting modules.
Mining Barge bonuses (per skill level):
Of the mining barges, the Procurer has the biggest tank whilst being in the middle for ore hold size and last for yield, thus making the Procurer most useful for mining in austere environments. It may be also noted that this is a good choice to have with a hauler while still having good defense without a combat ship.
To improve yield:
- Mining Barge: Improves yield by 6% per skill level.
- Mining: Improves mining laser yield by 5% per skill level.
- Mining Upgrades I:
- Allows use of Mining Upgrade low slot module, boosting yield.
- 5% reduction per skill level in CPU penalty of mining upgrade modules per level.
- Mining in a fleet--even with just two miners--provides boosts with the skills Leadership and Mining Foreman
- Ice Harvesting: 5% reduction per skill level to the cycle time of ice harvesters.
- Gas Cloud Harvesting II: Allows the use of one scoop per level. (max. 2 scoops)
To improve tank and survivability:
- Hull Upgrades: Grants a 5% bonus to armor hit points per skill level.
- Shield Management: Grants a 5% bonus to shield hit points per skill level.
- Shield Upgrades: Reduces shield upgrade powergrid needs by 5% reduction, and allows better shield extenders to be attached.
- Jury Rigging III: Required for Shield Rigging.
- Shield Rigging: Reduces shield rig drawback by 10% per skill level.
- See also Shield Tanking
To use drones for some self defense against belt rats:
- Drones: Required for Light Drone Operation (one drone per level)
- Light Drone Operation: Allows use of light combat drones, 5% bonus to damage of light drones per level.
- Mining aligned to a celestial/station will allow for faster warp-out.
- Move away from the warp-in point when mining - this may buy you extra time to warp out if another ships lands on grid.
- Warping out when a non-mining ship enters your belt/anomaly is prudent - if in doubt, warp out.
- Other mining ships may be scouts for gankers; it is good to know who your neighbors are and put known gankers on your contact list with terrible standing.
- If attacked, overload your tank modules and call for assistance if you are in a fleet.
NOTE: It is impolite (and diminishes yield) to mine a rock someone else is already mining: when the rock runs out of ore, the first laser to cycle will get the last ore but the other lasers will continue to cycle (up to 3 minutes) and get nothing.
You can add notes here.