Can Use Command Burst modules
High Amount of High Slots
RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Command ships are engineered specifically to wreak havoc on a battlefield of many. Sporting advanced command module interfaces, these vessels are more than capable of turning the tide in large engagements. Command ships represent the ultimate in warfare link efficiency; the boosts they give their comrades in combat make them indispensable assets to any well-rounded fleet.
As befits one of the largest weapons manufacturers in the known world, Kaalakiota's ships are very combat focused. Favoring the traditional Caldari combat strategy, they are designed around a substantial number of weapons systems, especially missile launchers. However, they have rather weak armor and structure, relying more on shields for protection.
Command Ships bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile Launcher rate of fire
5% bonus to Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile explosion radius
4% bonus to Shield Command and Information Command burst strength and duration
Caldari Battlecruiser bonuses (per skill level):
7.5% bonus to kinetic Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile damage
4% bonus to all shield resistances
• Can use 2 Command Burst modules
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
The Nighthawk is the Caldari attack command ship, bonused for missiles. As one of only two ships in the game to feature a 10% per level launcher rate-of-fire bonus, it is more suited to damage-dealing than the Vulture, especially at short range. Since it shares the Vulture's shield resistance bonus and 6/4 mid/low layout, it is quite durable. However, the Nighthawk's short-range command bursts and lack of a raw hitpoint bonus make the Vulture the preferred command ship for larger fleet operations.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Nighthawk for a specific or its common role(s) can be written here.
No sub-article about Nighthawk roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
"Nighthawk" is the name used in English for a number of species of mid-sized nocturnal insect-eating birds, also often called "nightjars". Unlike the ship, they are relatively un-intimidating.
|A long, long time ago...
|Version 18.07 - Release 2020-07-28.1 - Build: 1777281 - Combat Command Update (Patch Notes)
- [We're] trying to fix up the particularly underused [command ships], especially ones like the Nighthawk and Eos. [...]
- We're going to try and split the two sets of command ships a little more deliberately. So, the attack group, which is, like Nighthawk, Astarte, Absolution, and Sleipnir, are going to go from 3% bonus per level to their command burst strength to 4% per level, but they're going to lose the range bonus. ... [The] Astarte, Absolution, and Nighthawk are all going to speed up a little bit, and so hopefully they're a little bit easier to use in faster, smaller fleets, and offer a stronger bonus if you can make 'em work for that.
- -CCP Rise, Talking In Stations - Zenith (CCP Devs) (timestamped video link)
- Shield and Information command burst strength and duration bonus increased from 3%/level to 4%/level (+1%/level)
- 100% bonus to command burst range removed
- Command ships HML/HAM rate of fire bonus increased from 7.5%/level to 10%/level (+2.5%/level)
- Max velocity increased from 140 m/s to 150 m/s (+10 m/s)
- Mass decreased from 14,810,000 kg to 13,200,000 kg (-1,610,000 kg)
- Base align time reduced from 13.35 s to 11.89 s (-1.46 s)
- Mid slots increased from 5 to 6 (+1)
- Low slots decreased from 5 to 4 (-1)
- Scan resolution increased from 195 mm to 234 mm (+39 mm, +20%)
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
- Warp Speed increased from 3 AU/s to 4 AU/s (+1 AU/s)
|show advanced ships