RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
In the time-honored tradition of pirates everywhere, Korako ‘Rabbit' Kosakami shamelessly stole the idea of the Scorpion-class battleship and put his own spin on it. The result: the fearsome Rattlesnake, flagship of any large Gurista attack force. There are, of course, also those who claim things were the other way around; that the notorious silence surrounding the Scorpion's own origins is, in fact, an indication of its having been designed by Kosakami all along.
Gallente Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
The Rattlesnake is a drone boat with excellent survivability due to its shield resist bonus. While it only has drone bandwidth for deployment of two sentry or heavy drones, the role bonus makes this equivalent to 7.5, which matches the Dominix at maximum skills. The drone bay is sufficient to carry several additional flights of drones of any size. The Rattlesnake does not have the Dominix's drone tracking and range bonuses, but the 7.5 effective missile launchers combined with the drone damage leads to a very effective ship. The Rattlesnake has the best tank in its class by quite a margin, which makes it a popular level 4 mission runner and also a capable level 5 mission runner with maximum skills.
- Caldari Battleship to at least IV to take advantage of the Shield Resistance Buff that comes with every extra level in the skill, and Gallente Battleship to at least IV to take advantage of the missile damage buff that comes with every extra level in the skill.
- Along with the requisite Engineering and Electronic Systems skills required for adequately fitting most ships. Weapon upgrades and Advanced Weapon Upgrades should be trained to V and IV respectively to help alleviate fitting problems.
- Drones V, Combat Drone Operation V, Drone Interfacing IV, Drone Sharpshooting IV, Heavy Drone Operation V and Gallente Drone Specialization IV/Minmatar Drone Specialization IV are all are important to field T2 Heavy and Sentry Drones in order to get as much DPS out of the 50mb drone bandwidth as possible.
- Due to the Rattlesnake's inherent bonus to shield resistances, Shield Operation, Shield Management, and Tactical Shield Manipulation should be trained to at least IV to improve shield capacity, recharge rate and impenetrability.
- Shield Upgrades should be trained to IV to allow the use of T2 Shield Hardeners, Resistance Amplifiers, Shield Power Relays, Shield Extenders and Shield Rechargers.
- Finally, Hull Upgrades should be trained to level IV to allow use of the T2 Damage Control module.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Rattlesnake roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
You can write additional notes for Rattlesnake here.