RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Skybreaker-class frigate was commissioned from Upwell by the New Eden Common Defense Initiative while the organization was still a counter-Triglavian strategy group headed by Provost Marshal Kasiha Valkanir. When EDENCOM was officially announced as the new central command for the defense of New Eden in YC122, the research and development of a line of ships capable of bearing radical new weaponry was widely rumored following Triglavian raids on Upwell development facilities.
The Upwell Consortium had been working on adapting Arcing Vorton Projector weaponry to a ship-based form since the success of the technology as an anti-fleet weapon on Keepstar Citadels. The first Triglavian invasions in mid-YC121 spurred that effort on even before EDENCOM underwrote the project, providing access to scientists and engineers from the secret weapons programs of the four core empires, and even the SoCT.
The Skybreaker-class is intended to operate in groups as an escort and counter-attack frigate. With strong shielding and high-output Arcing Vorton Projectors, this swift little ship is a disruptive counter-force in any engagement.
EDENCOM Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
6% bonus to all shield resistances
5% bonus to Small Vorton projector damage
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
Light Fighter Squad Limit
Heavy Fighter Squad Limit
Support Fighter Squad Limit
Frigate Escape Bay
The Skybreaker is the EDENCOM frigate. It gets access to a Small Vorton Projector, a special turret that can fire chain lightning at ships.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Skybreaker for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
No sub-article about Skybreaker roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
|A long, long time ago...
Version 18.06 - Build: 1748920 - Released 2020-06-15 - "Lightning Strikes" Update (Patch Notes)
- Ship released, with the following stats:
- EDENCOM Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
- 6% bonus to all shield resistances
- 5% bonus to Small Vorton Projector damage
- Slot layout:
- 1 High Slot
- 4 Mid Slots
- 3 Low Slots
- 1 Turret Hardpoint
- 0 Launcher Hardpoints
- 3 Rig Slots
- 400 Calibration
- 44 PWG, 235 CPU
- Defense (Shield / Armor / Structure) : 800 / 210 / 320
- Base shield resistances (EM/Thermal/Kinetic/Explosive): 20% / 20% / 50% / 50%
- Base armor resistances (EM/Thermal/Kinetic/Explosive): 50% / 45% / 25% / 10%
- Base structure resistances (EM/Thermal/Kinetic/Explosive): 33% / 33% / 33% / 33%
- Capacitor (amount / recharge rate) : 425 / 157.50s
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass): 330 / 3.6 / 967,090
- Warp Speed: 5 AU/s
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 55km / 609 / 5
- Sensor strength: 12 Gravimetric
- Signature radius: 37m
- Cargo capacity: 158m3
- ^ While the base capacitor is listed as 425 GJ, its stats pre-release on Singularity and on initial release were 420 GJ.
Notes can be added here.
|show advanced ships